What are Entrepreneurship Help Facilities?
Entrepreneurship Help Facilities (EAC) present instruction, coaching, technical help and assist providers to new and aspiring entrepreneurs in native communities statewide.
Strategically positioned all through New York State, the EACs help new and aspiring entrepreneurs in creating primary enterprise administration expertise, refining enterprise ideas, devising early-stage advertising plans, and acquiring enterprise financing.
A typical EAC gives the next in-depth providers, together with counseling and help on:
- The feasibility of beginning a enterprise
- Refining a enterprise idea and marketing strategy
- Finishing MWBE Certification Purposes
- Enterprise Mentor NY, a web-based volunteer mentor platform
- Established administration ideas and practices
- Product improvement and advertising
- Exporting, contract procurement and licensing
- Figuring out and accessing capital and credit score
- Entry to enterprise assist networks
- Ongoing and continued technical help to program graduates together with linkages to different small enterprise providers
EACs have the next results on their communities:
- Enhance in enterprise possession amongst minorities and ladies
- Minority and women-owned start-ups transitioning to small-growth firms
- Elevated entry to financing and expanded gross sales by minority and women-owned companies
- Creation of private-sector jobs.
People wishing to begin or broaden their enterprise in New York State ought to seek the advice of the EAC Listing for the identify and speak to info for the closest EAC to schedule an appointment.
An EAC should present the next program providers:
Enterprise Formation Help: One 60-hour entrepreneurship course supplemented by a minimal of 15 hours of intensive technical help to assist new entrepreneurs full enterprise plans and to assist them develop a viable enterprise. Technical help ought to embody refinement of enterprise idea, break-even evaluation and monetary administration, and advertising plans and market improvement.
Enterprise Growth Help: Facilities shall preserve ongoing relationships with purchasers who’ve taken the entrepreneurship course with a purpose to help these new companies to develop into small-growth firms. Enterprise enlargement technical help shall embody the next:
- Working capital and money circulate administration
- Common administration expertise
- New market improvement
- Hiring and managing workers
- Managing development
- Accessing credit score and capital
The next kinds of organizations are eligible to use:
- A not-for-profit company, operated by a board of administrators representing neighborhood leaders in enterprise, training, finance and authorities
- A neighborhood school
- A Board of Cooperative Instructional Companies (BOCES)
- As well as, the applicant group should be positioned in an space accessible to minority group members, ladies and different goal populations.
Find out how to Apply to develop into an EAC
- To use, contact the Program Administrator at (212) 803-3234 or electronic mail [email protected]
- Contracts for the creation or continued operation of an Entrepreneurship Help Heart are awarded on a aggressive foundation for a 12-month interval and awardees are required to supply a minimal of 1:1 matching funds both in money or by way of in-kind contributions.
- Request for Proposals (RFPs) are issued and groups are assembled to overview the purposes primarily based on the rules outlined within the RFP, in addition to the candidates’ expertise, capability, staffing, previous efficiency in different applications like EAC, in addition to the group’s potential to supply financing help to small enterprise homeowners. To be able to guarantee your group is notified in regards to the EAC RFP, register with the New York State Contract Reporter.
- As soon as awarded, the facilities are evaluated yearly primarily based on particular efficiency goals concerning enterprise creation and enlargement, elevated gross sales, job creation and enterprise financing. A middle’s eligibility for reimbursement of bills and continued funding are contingent on the middle reaching quarterly and annual efficiency goals, together with different contractual obligations.